The Law and Patent Offices TRAPLOVÁ – HAKR – KUBÁT rank among the leading offices which specialize in representation of clients in the field of industrial rights. Our offices specialize in intellectual property rights and related business law. We provide services concerning patents, trademarks, industrial designs, utility designs, licences, domain names, unfair competition and copyrights. In relation to these services, we provide counselling, consulting, representation in registration proceedings, in disputes before courts and other administrative authorities, and in arbitration proceedings.
Our experienced team of experts from the ranks of attorneys-at-law, patent attorneys, european patent attorneys, lawyers and external consultants and translators that specialize in protection of intellectual property rights is at your service.
Our Law and Patent Offices specialize in the representation not only of Czech clients, but also varied foreign clients. We are capable of providing all legal aid not only in Slovakia, but also in other European countries through foreign law and patent offices with similar specialisation. In connection with international co-operation, our Law and Patent Offices TRAPLOVÁ – HAKR – KUBÁT are a members of several major international professional associations and participates regularly in international conferences (UNION, International League for Competition Law, The International Trademark Association, European Communities Trademark Association, International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property, International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys, Licensing Executives Society Czech Republic).
JUDr. Jarmila Traplová became an Attorney-at-Law and member of Law Office No. 10 in 1982. Ing. Eduard Hakr and Ing. Jan Kubát became members of the same bureau after working for the former Office for inventions and discoveries from 1964 to 1969. The Law and Patent Offices Traplová, Hakr, Kubát were established in 1990 after privatisation of Law Office No. 10.
Our office has gained considerable experience in the representation of clients in the area of intellectual property since the privatisation this Law Office, which had a specialized department for intellectual property.
In the first years after privatisation, i.e. since 1990, the objective was to build an office that would provide quality services to domestic and foreign clients, mainly in the field of industrial property rights both in the Czech Republic and abroad.
Our team of attorneys-at-law and patent representatives ranks among the largest offices which specialize in representation in the area of intellectual property rights. A strong commitment to quality control and expedient legal services by members and employees of the Office, both in terms of the professional and language proficiency aspects, is our highest goal.
Since 1993, our offices are associated with the Slovak Patent Office Inventa to provide legal aid in the Slovak Republic.
|Experience during studying||We are also looking for candidates, who are searching for a experience during their study.|
- protection in the Czech Republic: patents and utility designs
- european patent, validation
- international patent application according to the Patents Cooperation Treaty (PCT)
- services related to payment of maintenance fees for all patents with submissions of applications for renewal of utility designs
- representation in proceedings for cancellation of patents, declarations in patent disputes before courts
- services in the area of research and monitoring of patents and services targeted at protection of the original products against imitations and counterfeits
- national and community industrial designs
- services connected with the extension of protection of industrial designs and payment of relevant maintenance fees
- representation in proceedings for cancellation of industrial designs
- representation in disputes arising from industrial designs before courts both for the owners of such industrial designs and their adversaries
- research and monitoring industrial designs and trademarks
- protection of original products against imitations and counterfeits
- research in all trademark registries before submission of applications
- submission of trademark applications in national channels in the Czech Republic and worldwide
- handling of the assessment before the Industrial Property Office (IPO CZ) and abroad and litigation proceedings before the IPO CZ and abroad
- EUTM applications including research, application proceedings and litigation proceedings
- international trademarks and handling of temporary suspensions of validity in the Czech Republic and abroad
- infringement of trademarks, patents and industrial designs, trade names and other brand rights
- unfair competition disputes
- provision of legal aid and representation abroad through the network of cooperating offices
- all services related to trademark rights and industrial designs
- special issues through external cooperating Attorneys-at-Law
- preparation and negotiation of contracts for transfer of technology
- licence agreements
- franchise contracts
Keep in Touch
- Patents and Utility Designs
- Industrial Designs
- Enforcement of IP
TRAPLOVÁ – HAKR – KUBÁT
The Law and Patent Offices
Přístavní 24, 170 00 Praha 7
- Trademark Department
- Patent Department